Holley Carb Question

To: Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Holley Carb Question
From: Steve Sage <fastsage@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 12:28:38 -0700
I've been working on  my Holley 570 CFM Street Avenger carb and need
some advice.

I've adjusted the accelerator pump shot so it works with the slightest
gas pedal movement, as I found out it's supposed to. I now get
noticeably better throttle response.

Now I'm messing about with the accelerator pump cams (the little plastic
piece that controls the "curve" of the pump shot).

The carb comes from Holley with the orange pump cam with the attachment
screw in poisition 2. Position 1 is supposed to give a slightly faster
shot, so I changed it to that position this morning and went for a
drive. When I nail the pedal, there's a bit of a bog (not severe) before
things take off. I'm not sure if it's much different, if at all, than
when I had the cam attached in position 2. There's no smoke out of the
pipes either way, so I don't think it's getting too much gas.

Has anyone out there had experience with the different color cams,
position 1 or 2 on those, and what may or may not work better on a
Tiger? Or, on the other hand, am I wasting my time with this
(probably!!). Ultimately, I'll probably have to go up a couple of steps
with the differential ratio to make a real difference off the line.

Steve Sage