Lime Rock on Labor Day

To: "'Beamclub'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lime Rock on Labor Day
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 20:08:47 -0400
Labor Day weekend, September 1-4, will again see an impressive array of
almost 200 vintage race cars descending on Lime Rock Park for the Rolex
Vintage Fall Festival Presented by BMW.  This year's theme is a
celebration of the 40th anniversary of the Trans Am.  Camaros,
Firebirds, Mustangs, Challengers, Barracudas and Javelins from the
golden age of the Trans Am will again be thundering around the track.
And don't forget the usual collection of almost everything on 4 (or
maybe 3) wheels that has appeared on a race track since the '20's.  And
to top it off, Chris Economaki ("What's it like out there?") will be the
honored guest for the weekend.

What's in it for us?  Well this year we could have two Sunbeams on the
track.  Both Steve Silverstein (#74 1964 FP champion Alpine) and Dave
Kellogg (also in an Alpine) sounded pretty sure they would be there,
when I contacted them within the last week.  Stop by their paddock area
and say hi.

As in previous years, on Friday and Saturday the race cars are on the
track.  Sunday there's a multifaceted concours, with special Shelby, All
German, and Elite subsections.  Monday the racers take over again.

So join the fun and the Sunbeams, at Lime Rock on Labor Day Weekend!

Stu Brennan

TE/AE Regional Rep.