Re: Temperature Sending Unit

To: SLaifman@socal.rr.com (Steve Laifman)
Subject: Re: Temperature Sending Unit
From: wwwdg@webtv.net (David or Gary)
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 11:09:43 -0700
My 65 Mustang still has its original 2 barrel intake manifold (and I
have seen others) which has a large water temp. sender hole with a
smaller insert for a small sender. I believe Ford went from a small
sender to a larger one in late 1965 or early 1966 and they used an
adaptor during the cross-over.
I haven't checked, yet, to see what size/pitch thread is used on my
small Mustang sender.
There was an Edelbrock manifold on eBay which also had an adaptor (see
photo link).
I believe the Edelbrock "Tiger" manifold might have just been an early
style Edelbrock made for Fords which was sold as a Tiger. I am still
checking eBay auctions and old car swap meets to see if this is true.
David Franchi

http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL439/2051017/8721018/182014443.jpg