RE: Engine Paint

To: "'Theodore Brown'" <tbrown@midcoast.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Engine Paint
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 22:59:10 -0400
Tod
        The color of the engine is more along the line of when and where the
engine was assembled.
For the most part you will find that the 5 bolt engines are Black and the 6
bolt engines are Ford Corporate Blue.  I'm sure there are probably some 6
bolt engines that were paint black until the blue paint was available.

I have one reference book that lists the Black as Satin (semi gloss) black
and Ford Corporate Blue (medium dark blue).
No details on the nature of either color.

I painted my engine old Ford blue and I suspect that the majority of people
who look at it today would say it is black, that's how dark that can of blue
came out.

Ron Fraser