Re: what the "spacer(s)"

To: DJoh797014@aol.com
Subject: Re: what the "spacer(s)"
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 00:23:51 -0700 (PDT)
List- Grandson helped pull his first engine/tranny the
last two days after school. He is going to make a
great wrencher. After dropping the front suspension,
we had 2 spacers, about the diameter of a fifty cent
piece and 3/4" thick, maybe bit thicker. I forgot to
measure the hole in the middle and have no idea if the
PO had them on or under the slave cylinder bracket or
behind the generator bracket. I think they stuck to
wherever they had been used, then fell off as I was
wrestling the front suspension to get it to fall down.
Any suggestions is heavily appreciated. Also thought I
had a 302( the heads where) but found a Feb, 1966 five
bolt 289 after removal. Pleased its a scarce 5 bolt
but
now I need a slave cylinder bracket for a 6 bolt and a
bellhousing as well. Always something. I LOVE it tho.
Again, Thanks ahead of time. cheers, Tony