Alignment Specs

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Alignment Specs
From: PhastPhill@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:40:41 EDT
I just rebuilt my front end, urethane bushings from Rick and new fulcrum
pins from Doug, and all the rest new, bolts etc. I have alignment specs from
org
,and some from Tigersunited web site and my CAT book, I got lots of specs,
but  what works best for every day driving? 2 and a half degrees neg camber
sounds  like an awful lot for street use. Anyone have experience with non org
specs that  still works well with better handling but ok tire wear?. Right now
leaning  toward the spes from Tigers united site...4 degrees pos caster.....1/2
neg  camber and 1/8 neg tow. Not far off org and not radical and the friend who
is  going to do it does a lot of rods and race cars so he has ton's of
experience as  well. Spent a lot of time looking at the steering arms, tie rods
and
pics from  the web of Doane Spencers mods. Can't see how flipping a round
rotor does  anything, but longer steering arms and different tie rods would
sure
make a  difference. Steering arm would be easy to make at a machine shop and so
would  tie rods. Thought for some winter
projects.....thanks.....cheers....phil