Re:GM one wire

To: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re:GM one wire
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:02:03 -0700 (PDT)
While installing a Dale A.s 5 speed, Im also upgrading
to an alternator. Presently, becuase of fitment
between a Ford with an exciter on the back and an
aftermarket, very small and very chrome, I choose the
GM one wire. I need help w/ said wiring. I think I
need an exciter. I plan on running the large brown
wire which was on the back of the generator to the
alt. one wire. BUT Im not sure what to do with field
wire from generator or what I have to do to make sure
the idiot light(ie; ignition)goes out or comes on. I
know I need to disconect the amp gauge or swap it out
for a larger amp gauge. Anyone having knowledge of how
to rewire my delima, I give THANKS to ahead of time.
regards, Tony the Tiger