RE: starters

To: "'Peter Laurinaitis'" <laurin212@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: starters
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 13:49:20 -0400
Peter
        The first rule of Tigering
1 Never throw out or exchange a part until you know the new part fits.
2 Never throw any part away
3 When in doubt or not, see rule 1 and 2

I have run into a few people who have bought new starters and they did not
fit correctly.  I don't know the exact reason why.   I would recommend you
find someone who can rebuild your current starter.   Basically your talking
2 bearings and a set of brushes.   20 years ago I had mine rebuilt for less
than $20, the last starter I had rebuilt cost $50 but it also had a broken
mount ear.

Ron Fraser