RE: Locating Ford Fairmont Water pump pulleys

To: "'Charles England'" <charlesengland@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: RE: Locating Ford Fairmont Water pump pulleys
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 09:44:17 -0700
Hi Charlie,
When I was changing my setup over to an alternator, I scoured the local
Pick-your-Part and came away with half a dozen pulleys with slightly
different diameters and offsets. I recall that the one that worked the best
was from a six-cylinder (early 80's) Mustang, so it may be the same part
you're looking for. I'll see if the pulley has the Ford part number on it...
When I put on a NOS replacement water pump I had to trim some of the casting
away to clear the pulley ID, but it wasn't a big effort.

Best regards,
Theo