As Calif. goes, so goes the nation

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: As Calif. goes, so goes the nation
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:45:19 -0800
Borrowing a quote for my Subject from a recent post regarding the diverse
comments on the "Red Light Cameras,"  the local paper had this to say.

'Lawnmowers in Calif. will now require catalytic converters to be sold in the
state.'

I can just see the day when the "King O' Lawn" has to be hooked up to a
machine and then pushed through turf (to put under load) as required testing.
Reasons for failure, a dull blade, a full catch bag??? If the methods follow
suit that were applied to automotive engines it looks like we will have DOHC,
electronic ignition/injection, EGR, PCV and the "where will they put that"
vapor recovery system mowers that cost $1299 for a pushed 21"

As Calif. goes... (down the tube) so goes the nation.

Tom Witt