Re: non tiger

To: Theo Smit <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Subject: Re: non tiger
From: David Sosna <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 17:58:36 -0800
Theo:
We bought a new 2004 Echo for Marta.  After she died, I started using it
as my daily driver, and it's a great car. Automatic, and it still gets
40 on the freeway, and averages about 36.  Marta had wanted a Prius, but
I had a tough time justifying the additional $10,000 it cost back then
in terms of the additional fuel saved. Also, I drove the Prius, and the
CVT made me uncomfortable.  There's no way to manually downshift it.
With the Echo, I can one-button the overdrive off and it just hauls a**
up hills. :-)
Between the Echo's 36 and the Tigers 14, I figured my mpg average wasn't
too bad.  Driving a Miata these days for my sports car, so it gets even
better.....

Gary, thanks for the link!  That's a nifty site!

Best Regards
David