re: Tiger spare hold-down

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Tiger spare hold-down
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 22:37:49 -0500
First, I'd try to repair the one you have. Like other projects, you'll find that
it's time consuming, but I haven't seen the female part of the hold down offered
for sale, other than included  with a trunk floor or whole parts car. In my
case, the bolt was broken off in the trunk, and had to be drilled out and the
weld nut re-tapped.

Most of the Alpine Series IV and V models use a similar bolt and washer, but
the receptacle for the bolt is on the trunk bulkhead and is a different design.
Late model Series V's used a strap system instead of the bolt to fix the spare
against the bulkhead, similar to the Tiger Mk 2 strap system mounted to the
trunk floor.