RE: Heat Shields

To: "Steven L. Finberg" <w1gsl@MIT.EDU>
Subject: RE: Heat Shields
From: "Ronak, TP \(Timothy\)" <Timothy.Ronak@crna.akzonobel.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 17:25:18 -0500
Steven,
Thanks for your reply ... I should clarify the design of the heat
shield. It is designed to mount directly to the muffler in three ribs
that create an airgap around the muffler. The heat pad will be mounted
to a surface that is about 3/4 inch(3 quarters of an inch) away from the
muffler. I tried buying these shields locally and no one has ever
ordered them from the warehouse (they might be new) so there is a gap
between the heat reflector and the muffler. The other benefit is that it
is supposed to cut down sound as well.
The link to the actual item at summit is below and it may better
illustrate what I am thinking:

Hyperlink:
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=FLO%2D510
17&N=700+0&autoview=sku