RE: Speedo cable/drive

To: "'Wally Menke'" <walmenke@bigpond.net.au>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Speedo cable/drive
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 12:53:09 -0500
Wally
        The difference is the gear ratio inside the speedometer.   Look on
the face of the speedometer and you will find a number that represents the
number of turns per mile; the MKI is generally 980 and the MKII is generally
1020.

The stock gear set requires a tire diameter around 23.5" to be accurate, the
16 tooth gear and a 980 speedometer requires a tire around 22 1/4" diameter.

Ron Fraser