Heat shields

To: "Tiger News Group List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heat shields
From: "Ronak, TP \(Timothy\)" <Timothy.Ronak@crna.akzonobel.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 00:05:15 -0500
Listers,

"Hello Tim:

Any progress on your heat shield project? This is definitely something I
want to do too and I want to see how you go about it. As I mentioned,
what I've done so far this winter is just to Thermotec heat shield wrap
the fuel line all the way from the tank outlet in the back, to the carb.
I won't know until it gets hot out again if this helps the vapor lock
issue. The heat shield on the muffler idea is good,

to protect the pump and also to hopefully keep some of the heat out of
the passenger compartment. That would make for a cooler Tiger drive, and
help my AC to work better too."

My Reply:

I just ordered a Raytek laser thermometer (-20 degrees to 950 degrees)
at $69 it was more than the whole heat shield project is going to cost
but in the interest of my Tiger Brethren I will suck it up and do a
before and after detailed measurement of temperature. The whole project
will only take about 30-40 minutes to install but I have to wait a week
to get the thermometer so hang in there. I will take detailed photos and
record part numbers.

This really looks like a no brainer project.

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Services Consultant

Akzo Nobel Coatings