Re: Tonneau fasteners

To: "Steinman, Bill" <wsteinman@pogolaw.com>
Subject: Re: Tonneau fasteners
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 11:55:02 -0700
Bill,

Sometime in the transition between the Mk I and the Mk IA the dash
mounted tonneau studs got re-located.  What really matters, since yours
are already sealed, and you do not know where they were, is to use your
tonneau cover as a guide.  If you don't have one, examine both types,
and see which you prefer.  If you want "original" state, ask Rick.  Make
sure the tonneau matches the stud locations when you get one.

Supplied O.E. parts, and locations, depend on which parts bin is used.
Usual Rootes practice, on changed designs, is to use up the current
factory allocated part, then mid-year, change to the newer design.  My
'67 Alpine S-5 had "lidless" Mk II style headlight covers from the
factory.  Some studs are sheet metal screw attached, and some are
threaded.  If you can not locate the threaded holes, be sure you don't
find them when drilling "new" ones.

TigersUnited.com has some past discussions on the Tonneau, if you would
like somewhat older knowledge:

http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/tech_threads/tt-body4.asp

Steve

___