Re: Oil filter

To: Scott Hutchinson <shutchin@netjets.com>
Subject: Re: Oil filter
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 10:49:51 -0700
Scott,

You might want to try the highly rated Ford Motorsport FL1-A full size
filter original, as I do.

A number of right angle filter adapters are available from Ford
Motorsport.  Here is a total 90 deg filter, and yet another is
Motorsport M-6880-A50.  Both detailed on TigersUnited.com:

http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/Dealer_Accessories/mp-FilterAdapter1.asp

I use the M-6880, and it clears the frame motor mount bracket with a
slight filing of the sharp motor mount corner that attempts to puncture
the filter body!

The original full flow filter, head mounted, may be just a little tricky
to change filters, but a lot easier when you do not have to get under
the car.

http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/wsm/wsmB20.asp

Steve

___