Back in Business

To: Tiger Webring <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Back in Business
From: "Bernardino Carlo M.D. Roberto" <crbernardino@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 07:17:54 -0400
Hi Gang!
Sorry I have been a little quiet. Been busy relocating to New Haven,
CT. While I was getting settled, the Tiger was in Pennsylvania at my
dad's. This weekend however we drove her up. God bless my wife who
was the chase vehicle in the Audi S4. The drive from Newtown, PA to
New Haven, CT was exciting. We left around 1PM on Monday in hopes of
beating traffic. Although the tiger doesn't typically over heat, I do
not want to subject it to bumper to bumper traffic, particularly over
the Tappan Zee which was part of the route.

Anyway, about a quarter of the way in the fan belt blew. I was
cruising and I heard a buzzing noise and then the temp flew up with
steam billowing out the sides. Quite dramatic. Anyway, I had a spare,
which I found after digging in the pile of crap amassed in the center
console and set to change it with my trusty work gloves on.
It is one thing to work on the cooling system with the car cool,
another on the highway with Mac Trucks inches away. The fan belt went
on fine, the only hitch being the wrist part of the gloves kept
catching on the fan shroud. Extricating my hands caused superficial
burns on my wrist - ouch.

The rest of the drive was fine including the Tappan Zee. Now that we
are in New Haven, I need to register the car here, Any Ct people with
advice (if needed). Also does anyone know a good mechanic in these
neck of the woods, just in case.

Tonight we will check out the Glenwood Drive-In Cruise. If anyone
wants to play in Hamden, CT it is every Wednesday night.

Rob in CT

Nana & Rob Bernardino
620 Quinnipiac Avenue
New Haven, CT 06513