Re: Tiger problem

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tiger problem
From: vegaslegal@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 12:42:51 -0400
O.k. My two cents.B  I had the same problem.B  It, too, was grunge from the
fuel tanks.B  The car had been stored for seventeen years.B  I had already had
the tanks dipped and boiled, had blown out the fuel lines from in front and in
back of the fuel pump.B  I also installed a new fuel pump and a new fuel
filter.B

While suffering the problem, I went down many dead ends.B  The problem
appeared to be tied to engine heat so that is where I first focused.B  It was
not vapor lock, and insulating the fuel lines in the engine area did
nothing.B  A spacer on the carburator did nothing.B  A coil did nothing.B  A
condensor did nothing.B  A carburator rebuild did nothing.B  I then replaced
the fuel pump a second time.B  Still the same problem.B  I put on a fuel
regulator.B  Still the same problem.B  Fuel seemed to be coming from the
carburator even when the problem occurred so I wasn't particularly focusing on
the delivery system.

I finally found the problem.B  The fuel line turn before the fuel pump was
clogging and unclogging with use.B  It was still tank crud even though I had
blown out the lines.B  I found this out when I ran cable (bicycle brake cable)
through the fuel lines and even though I had blown them out with solvent,
little floaters were still piling up at that turnB  as the pump sucked them
towards the bend.B  When the cable popped out of the fuel line, it was grungy
and a noticable dollop of crud fell from the tip.B  I ran this through and
reamed the whole line repeatedly.B  The problem has not returned.

Bob Nersesian
Nersesian & Sankiewicz
528 South Eighth Street
Las Vegas, Nevada 89118