260 buildup Part 2

To: <kneedrag@core.com>
Subject: 260 buildup Part 2
From: "Ronak, TP \(Timothy\)" <Timothy.Ronak@crna.akzonobel.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 10:59:55 -0400
OK here is the rest of the email ...

What I was thinking is a 260 block .030 oversized with the 331 (3.240 in

stroke) crank will make 299 Cu In. and raise compression from 8.6:1 to

9.6:1 with no other changes that compression increase alone could
realize another 40 HP provided the heads are ported :-)

The overall mods I thought ... Consider Ported heads, Hydraulic Roller
E303, 331 Crank, Custom pistons for 5.4 inch rods, Performer Intake air
gap, 650 Holley DP, should make 350 HP with the right assembly touches
:-) ..... !!!!!!

If you consider the GT40P head it is worth noting that spark plug
location is significantly different and after looking at my Tiger it may
have some issues with one or two pipes. If anyone has a set of heads in
South Orange county I would love to mock them up to see as mine will
take a week to remove :-(.

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Services Consultant