RE: 260 Buildup Part 1

To: Timothy.Ronak@crna.akzonobel.com ("Ronak, TP \(Timothy\)"),
Subject: RE: 260 Buildup Part 1
From: Sjhcobra1@cs.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 12:43:32 -0400
When we rebuilt the 260 in my Mk1A we went with 289 heads and Chevy 1.90"
valves.  The 260 heads have somewhere between 17 and 20 % less volume than the
289 heads. We bored my block to .030" over and decked the block/heads to mate.
We had pistons made for proper valve to piston clearance (they started as a
blank from one of the Pinto engines).  The cam is the the COMP Cam 268H. We
went with roller tipped rockers, threaded studs, teflon seals, appropriately
sized push rods, F4B, 600cfm Holley and Pertronix conversion in the stock
distributor.  This engine wound up with 279 HP at the flywheel, is very
driveable, sounds good, burns regular gas, gets fairly decent mileage.

Steve Halbrook