Re: [Tigers] Value Debate

To: tigers@autox.team.net, "Steinman, Bill" <wsteinman@pogolaw.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Value Debate
From: <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 10:48:42 -0400
I, too, look at my Tiger as primarily a LBC first, just with a more powerful
engine.  I used to own a '65 Shelby G.T. 350 and had a ball with the car, but
the Tiger to me is twice as much fun.  Whereever you go, the Tiger appeals to
just about everyone, from British car fans to muscle car fans.  Short of a
Cobra, the Tiger is the absolute best mix of British class and American
horsepower.

I also prefer my car to be as close to stock form as I can make it.  I don't
mind adding on LAT options, but I have resisted the temptation to "hot-rod" the
motor on mine.  The car is so pleasant to drive and yet exciting at the same
time just the way it came from the factory.  I'm a firm believer that Rootes
knew what they were doing and hit the proverbial nail on the head with respect
to the kind of market they were trying to reach.

The bottom line here, guys, is to just enjoy your car, however you want it
equipped.  It's your car...you paid for it...do it the way you want it.  The
Sunbeam crowd has always been a very "accepting" bunch; there's room for the
stockers as well as the hot rods.  Just celibrate the fact that we all own a
very unique motor car and have fun in the way Rootes intended us to...drive
'em!!

Keep Tigerin',
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK