Re: [Tigers] Posi rear ends.

To: "Tigers@Autox. Team. Net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Posi rear ends.
From: "steve wick" <srwick@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 20:15:22 -0700
Thanks for all the replies. It seems a Jeep prior to '72 uses a 19 spline Dana
44.
Sorry for the confusion on the posi/open question. I was wondering if there
was
a quick visual way to tell them apart if the carrier itself was sitting in
front of you,
like at a swap meet. On a Ford 9", an open carrier has the ring gear bolts
screw
down to a flat, machined surface and the bolt heads are exposed. On a posi,
the
bolts screw into a pocket and the bolts heads are "shrouded". I was wondering
if
there was something similar for the Dana 44's. Still, thanks to everyone for
getting
me going in the right direction.

Steve