Re: [Tigers] Electrical Gremlins

To: "Tigers@Autox. Team. Net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Electrical Gremlins
From: "William Lau" <mrlau@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 14:10:33 -0500
Richard, Theo, Below I drew a diagram so you can see how the coil can get
power through other items when the ground is disconnected.  If the ground is
disconnected from the common point you can follow the path through the large
or small power consuming devices or through several at the same time to
light the coil.  Since the coil is made to work through the resistor or
straight hookup (During startup) it is somewhat impervious to high and low
voltage.  If the device that you are going through is large the coil will
get almost all of its voltage and if the device is small the coil will get
less.  You can apply ohms law and see why.  Like I wrote earlier, all of
these things are wired in parallel except the ballast resistor and when you
lose a common point to ground everything becomes a series circuit which is
variable with which switch is turned on at any given time.  As Theo said,
virtually every time things go crazy like they have no explanation it is the
common ground somewhere.

image001.jpg]