Re: [Tigers] throttle peal lever clamping slipping - fixed

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] throttle peal lever clamping slipping - fixed
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 15:53:37 -0700 (PDT)
I now have a fully functional throttle linkage... I didn't end up
enlarging the clamping slot any more (it was already pretty big), but I
did make a slight hacksaw cut into the inner side of the shaft hole as
shown in the pictures at the following site. This, combined with larger
washers to distribute the clamping force, seems to have allowed a hugh
increase in grip on the shaft.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=rsfxe4t.7msxubyp&x=1&y=-g3jz78

Also on this picture site, are shots of a billet replacement part that
Tom Hall e-mailed to me. If I have any more problems, this looks like
the way to go. Tom, I'm sure you could sell a few of these once you
made them up!

Stephen Waybright