Re: [Tigers] 4 post storage lift

To: "Mountjoy" <mtjoy@telis.org>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 4 post storage lift
From: "Bob Dixon" <bobdixon@frii.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 10:47:57 -0600 (MDT)
I just bought a 4 post storage lift last month.  Basically, it comes down
to Chinese made vs. American made.  The American made lifts are about 2X
the price but are typically higher quality.  I compromised and went with
9000 lb lift from Pace.  It was cheaper than any of the American made 7000
lb lifts.  Since I don't plan on ever having a vehicle more than 3K lbs on
it, I figured a 3X rating should give me enough margin.

The thing is a real tank.  I was under it all weekend replacing the
suspension on a BMW without any concern.  Normally, I have a Tiger on it
with the BMW parked underneath (with oil drip trays under the Tiger of
course ;)