Re: [Tigers] Sunbeam on eBay

To: Cullen McCann <CMcCann@lwpb.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Sunbeam on eBay
From: Gary Crandall <maliburevue@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:17:34 -0700 (PDT)
Between the trunk space/tire hold down, late model steering column, Alpine
front strut supports and the struts themselves (only Aplines had the ignition
coil support plate on the driver side strut) and goofy VIN (which is not
shown), it's an Alpine. If it were a real Tiger the VIN with original rivets
and JAL tag ( and TAC number if acquired) would be the first items I would want
to show.

  Then again, if you are going to cutomize a Sunbeam like this with a 351,
which requires firewall modification, etc, then do it to an Apline. I've got no
problem with that, although a lot Alpine owners may have. Done right with a 351
stroker, this could be a nasty machine.

  Gary

  B382001405

Cullen McCann <CMcCann@lwpb.com> wrote:
  Look closely as the blue Sunbeam, item 120160703048. He says its a Tiger
that's not been wrecked to his knowledge, but it definitely has an
Alpine front end on it.Something about the transmission tunnel looks a
bit off to me too. I just noticed and thought it might be prudent to
mention for anyone who might be looking at it.

Cullen

B382001452