[Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 1, Issue 95

To: "Tigers@Autox. Team. Net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 1, Issue 95
From: "William Lau" <mrlau@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:18:01 -0500
Jim,

Out through the top is fine but you have to make sure you have the headroom.
My garage is 9 ft 2 and the come along is attached tight to the ceiling and
I have enough room but as I remember, not a whole lot.  It has to tip as it
comes up which makes it longer.  If it goes out the bottom you have to have
a way to lift the car high enough to get over the engine.  I don't think
that the typical boom lift will go high enough. -- Bill --

Help,

Clutch started slipping this weekend and time to fix.

Shop manual says pull the engine up "through the top" but I remember people

saying that "out through the bottom" may (or may not) be preferable.

Would you folks be kind enough to steer me to the appropriate  literature or

comment on your experiences
please.

Jim  Armstrong
MK 1A  382002083