Re: [Tigers] Tiger engine removal

To: Rollright@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger engine removal
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:56:07 EDT
Jim,
       In my opinion you want to drop the engine down.  As another mentioned,
you need a very tall engine hoist and ceiling height to pull it upward, plus,
its hard not to scuff the paint in the engine bay.

       To drop the engine, you need to disconnect the exhaust system and
remove the right side exhaust manifold or header, but the other one can stay on
the engine.  Working together, Larry Atkisson and I have done this job dozens
of
times and our fastest engine/transmission removal was 90 minutes.
Jim Leach    Pacific Tiger Club     Seattle