Re: [Tigers] Fake Tiger on eBay

To: <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fake Tiger on eBay
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 12:37:47 -0600
What's your justification for making that assumption? It's the first
eBay Tiger (or clone) I've seen where the VIN indicates it was actually
red to start with and it's now something else... At least the underbody
grunge and interior paint color matches the original paint code. None of
the pictures show enough detail to really make a judgment on its
authenticity one way or the other, as far as I can see. The sheetmetal
screws and rivets holding the VIN and JAL plates on are incorrect but
that in no way proves it's a fake. It just shows that the people doing
the bodywork didn't care. The under-the-trunk picture shows that the OEM
right side exhaust hanger isn't there, but there isn't enough detail to
see if the original one got ripped off or if it was never there.
Actually, it says the trunk floor was replaced at some point. So anyone
doing an up-close inspection can validate whether the entire Alpine
chassis is still attached to the trunk floor ;)

It would be a lot of work to fake the battery door / fuel pump door
opening in the way that it's shown, as well as the exhaust passthroughs.

Theo