[Tigers] Tiger driving me crazy

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Tiger driving me crazy
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 11:11:41 EDT
I realized that I asked the list for help a few months back on a  Tiger that
was driving me crazy and never published the results.  My  problem was that
the car, after a short drive would sometimes(and not every  time) begin to lose
power and run rough. If I hit the gas pedal it would  stumble. If I put the
car away and let it cool down, it would fun fine the next  time I took it out.
Some suggested a coil overheating...when it cooled it would be  fine.
Petronix tech help suggested that I try to duplicate the problem  while letting
the
car idle. I could never duplicate it at idle. They said the  ignitor would
either go or not go so if it was ignition it would most likely be  the coil.
Others suggested that it was crud in the fuel line, floating up to  the
intake pipe and then floating away when there was no vacuum at the  pipe.    I
found one tiny speck of dirt in the fuel filter so I  decided to have the tanks
cleaned and sealed (they were original).  When  the tank company looked inside
they said there was nothing flaking and they  looked great.  I had them do the
cleaning and coating anyway, but wondered  if it might be the coil afterall.
So, I did the tanks and replaced the coil.  I've driven  about 3,000 miles
with no problems so hoping the problem is solved. BUT, I still  am not sure
which of the two were causing the problem and that just bugs  me;-)