[Tigers] removing side window

To: "Tiger Email List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] removing side window
From: "Mike Michels" <mmichels@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 15:17:35 -0800
Does any body have a clever way to separate the side window glass from the
bottom metal retaining channel and "U" shaped rubber glazing seal after they
have been removed from the door? I need to keep the glass intact for a pattern
for a new one and despite soaking in lubricant and tapping with wood block as
hard as I dare, I can't separate the channel and rubber assembly from the
glass. Not surprising after 40 years but I sure would like to retrieve the
glass.