Re: [Tigers] ...body modifications...

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] ...body modifications...
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 15:22:40 -0800 (PST)
Folks ... or is that Cat's ;-)

I didn't mean to start a thread of this nature at all. The car I have is not
anything special, and in reality has already been hack up since it was in a
front ender at some point it its life. I do care that I preserve the overall
feel of the Tiger, what the Tiger is about, and that to me is a fun scary fast
cool car that is not gawdy, no 19" wheels with 10" fender flairs, no not that
stuff at all. Internal sheet metal removal and making the car better for me is
what I'm interested in doing. Everyone has their own reason for what they do, I
know plenty of folks might not like doing anything to the cars stock it their
gospel, but that is their plan not mine. I like the art of the automobile, the
engineering, etc, so to me that is the important part. Plenty of better
candidate Tigers then mine rolling around that can be reworked or 'saved'. I
just don't really see it as a big deal, but that's me. The injection (and
firewall work) is really the only part
 that is out of wack a bit, the rest of the project will be a nice Tiger build
out.

BTW I do really enjoy seeing people work on cars that have been restored to
original and know the pride they get when they talk about them, and I would
never discount that in any way at that is often a much harder path.

Sandy