Re: [Tigers] 7" Girling Brake Servo

To: "Will Seay" <wseay@embarqmail.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 7" Girling Brake Servo
From: "Robert J. Wanty" <rjw@wengco.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 07:11:35 -0500
Will,
Thanks I will look at that also.

Bob
B382001318LRXFE

-----Original Message-----
From: Will Seay [mailto:wseay@embarqmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2007 8:17 PM
To: tigers@autox.team.net

Bob,
I've seen this problem before.  Unfortunately it was many years ago and
my
recollection of specifics is pretty vague, but here goes anyway.  The
unit
contains a spring.  As I recall, the spring is made of a piece of flat
spring metal.  If I recall correctly it's stirrup or 'C' shaped.  The
problem occurs if the spring is installed upside down - it's easy to do.
If
upside down, the spring has no effect and the valving in the servo can
lock
up.  Remedy - open the servo up and turn the spring over.

Hope this helps - Will

B382001570
Will Seay wseay@embarqmail.com