Re: [Tigers] ...Road Wheels...

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] ...Road Wheels...
From: "Rense, Mark (GE Indust, ConsInd)" <mark.rense@ge.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:15:04 -0500
Do not discount the Sumitomo HTR 200 series, which I believe are based
on the old Dunlop SP's. Available in 13" diameter 175/70, 185/60,
195/60, 205/60 and even 215/50. I am on my second set of 205/60-13 and
they behave well for not being a racing-type tire. I had low
expectations initially from these tires, as I was used to Yokohama
008R's, but for street use they are acceptable. We get lots of rain up
here, I gladly traded cornering adhesion for the ability to stay on the
road during a down pour.  BTW, the Hoosier R6's in 205/60-13 are amazing
if you don't drive in the wet and can afford to replace them twice a
season.

Bugz