[Tigers] Diesel taxis

To: "Tiger board" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Diesel taxis
From: "Jim Anderson" <jimbo.ander@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 19:53:04 -0500
   Please don't knock the Mercedes 190 diesel taxis in Germany (They did their
own knocking). They ran forever, were safe and the drivers loved them because
there was practically no maintenance and thus were cheap. Also on a cold,
rainy night in Berlin or Frankfurt they were a warm safe familiar haven.
     I bought the nearest, affordable equivalent when we came back to this
country, a Peugeot diesel station wagon and although it had problems (none
serious) and the 0-60 time was close to one hour, it was the perfect car for a
family with two teenager boys who had drivers licenses and were in rock bands.
The back of the station wagon was big enough to contain their huge amps and
speakers and they were never tempted to out-drag any other vehicle, including
Metro buses. They survived and thrived and we basically gave the car away to a
nearby "Peugeot Speciality" garage run by a guy who emptied the company's safe
and ran away to spend it on dope, but that's another story.
    Jim Anderson