[Tigers] Tiger Gas Mileage

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Tiger Gas Mileage
From: "William Lau" <mrlau@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 22:43:23 -0600
I bought it new from Plaza Motors in St. Louis for $15,500 and the manual
said to change every 2500 with the filter and it was a 240 D. -- Bill --

Don't know why you had this experience with the Mercedes diesel, as they
are great cars.

Our 1985 E300TD got 27 mpg in town and 33 mpg on the highway.  Changed
oil every 8500 miles, and put 250,000 on it, without doing anything to
the engine.  Sold it to a mechanic friend who still has it at 375,000 mile

Brother-in-law has same 85 diesel and ran it to 550,000, no work to
engine, but someone hit the car and insurance company considered it a
total for the cost of body repair.

Wife now drives a 1998 E300TD, it gets 27 mpg town and 35 mpg highway,
no work to engine, except several o-rings to fuel injection, with
152,000 miles and change oil at 8500 miles.

New E320 CDI diesel gets even better mileage, and is 0.10 sec slower to
60 than the E350 gas engine.

Diesels are great cars, which is why most of Europe uses them for
economy, long life and maintenance cost.  Cabs in Europe are almost
exclusively diesel.

You must have purchased a poorly maintained car, and I don't know who
told you to change oil at 2500 miles.

Larry