[Tigers] Refurb Questions

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Refurb Questions
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 09:58:22 -0800
Ok, I have embarked on a long overdue refurbishment of my Tiger,
B9471136. I am getting paint estimates as I write and no, it wont be a
stock color. It will be a shimmering pearlsescent metalic in orange,
one white coat, 3 color , two.  Maybe.  But I am doing all the removals
for paint prep myself (big deal, lol).  There was a thread some time ago
about a company which had all the Tiger nuts and bolts available as a
package. I think they were stainless steel. Anybody remember the source
for those items? Next is the trunk pull handle. Mine seems to be pretty
pitted. Who is the best source for one that can be used as is or is good
enough for rechroming? Any help there? Also there was a thread about the
side chrome strip doo hickeys that hold the strip inplace. Seems like
that was a nylon screw or some such. Anybody remember what would be good
to use there? Oh and I need the driver's door chrome strip as well. When
the idiot who did some repair in 1972 he did not have the correct little
doo hickeys so he put in a tiny pop rivit through the strip right on the
end.  So I would like to replace that piece as well. Hmmm. what
else...Oh, The rag top I put on a million years ago was the later velcro
style but now I would like top return to the original style with the
tension cabl;e. Only trouble is I have lost the springs, cables, and
probably some of the other parts as well. Who is the best source for
used parts? Curt? Traction bar bushings?  Oh and I am going to return to
the 2.88 gears but with a posi I have had laying around since dirt was
made.  Not as good as a OD gear but ok. And maybe my old race motor will
come to life again, lol...

How about the rubber or soft goods parts.  I am a CAT member (since
1974) so I can get some of them  there, but are there alternate sources?

guess that'll do for now...

mayf, anxiously awaiting some source information...