Re: [Tigers] Hard Top Corner Seals

To: "'Steve Laifman'" <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>, <gharlowe@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Hard Top Corner Seals
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 22:12:44 -0500
I've been using flexible magnetic sign material to protect the body from
the hardtop footprint.  I found sheets of the stuff, 1' x 2', for a few
bucks at craft stores.  I cut out 4 pieces that surround the cockpit and
reach just under the lip of the top gaskets.

I was going to do a production run of these to sell, but there are a few
problems with the material.  The vinyl backing that was on it was
delaminating after the first year.  When cold, even in the 40's, when
you would be using the hard top, the material is quite stiff, and
doesn't conform to the body well when applied.

So I just kept the proto set I made, and touch them up once in a while.

Stu