[Tigers] Oil Pressure Fitting

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Oil Pressure Fitting
From: <gharlowe@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 21:43:22 -0500
Listers -

I'm replacing a very leaky oil pressure sensing line with a new one from
Sunbeam Specialties.  Of course, at the block end, the fitting for the
existing line has a smaller diameter fitting than the new SS line.  I need a
fitting or combination of fittings to mate the new oil pressure line (w/
flare bulb at end of nylon line) to the engine block.  The previous set-up
had a male-female fitting threaded into the block with a male-male reducer
threaded into it.  Before I head off to the plumbing section of the hardware
store to match threads, is there anything peculiar about this connection?

Is there a standard Ford part number for this fitting?

Thanks and cheers,

Graham Harlowe

B382001466