Re: [Tigers] Header Paint Re-send

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Header Paint Re-send
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:31:00 -0800 (PST)
I posted this earlier but am having provider problems,
so my two cents worth.

Dr. Mayf is the man. Listen to his advice and have
your headers coated and I think  ceramic lining is
also available- they will last forever and look great
BUT be sure to prefit the headers or use ones that
have already been on the car. Many owner will tell you
about having to use a ball peen hammer etc to get
clearance in every close place. I THIN that the CAT
club tried to have the manufactures of the headers
they sell to address that problem with each subsequent
order BUT a CAT parts person would need to verify that
and Rick at SS may too now have headers that fit. I
think the problem is that not all Tigers are the same
from mount to various points in the engine bay-
perhaps from the factory or from unknown wrecks and
body work an owner might have no history of- no matter
if you paint or have them coated- prefitting is time
well spent if you have to later beat on the new
finish. TonytheTiger

Be a better friend, newshound, and