Re: [Tigers] transmissions

To: "Russ and Tammy C." <rtscolgan@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] transmissions
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 12:28:10 -0800
Russ,

I agree with John Logan.  I have the "wide" (not) ratio transmission and
the original 2.88 rear end. Very satisfying on street or highway, and
the Salisbury version of the LAT-34 Dana.  Salisbury is owned by Dana,
and the Jaguar LSD mounts the original 2.88 ring gears.

Use the free Excel Transmission Calculator written by Bob Hokanson,
available at:

http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/HokansonGearSpeedXL/pt-HokansonGearSpeedXL.asp

<http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/HokansonGearSpeedXL/pt-HokansonGearSpeedXL.asp>

Recommeded for anybody thinking of mucking around with transmission, rear end,
or tire sizes.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman