Re: [Tigers] Sunbeam period race photos

To: "Taylor, Matthew" <MTaylor@ea.com>, <MWood24020@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Sunbeam period race photos
From: milano164@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 20:07:50 +0000
Mathew,

I agree whole heartedly with your statement, "so apparently the information
that I have uncovered is not known by the majority of the people in the Tiger
community."

Unfortunately, details and documentation regarding most Sunbeam racers in the
US has been simply forgotten or lost over the years.     There are exceptions,
Jim Adams, Don Sesslar, Dan Carmichael, etc, but the real details have simply
been lost.   Hopefully, this information will be re-discovered and made public
at some point.  Either in a book or website.

I have really enjoyed chasing down the average "joe (sunbeam) club racer" just
to hear what they had to say about racing during the period.   I'll never
forget one racer I talked with in the Mid-west.  He went to the 67' ARRC and as
he explained that year Datsun had their drivers send their cars to Daytona be
tuned and dyno'd by Datsun factory support teams before the event.  You could
tell he was still pissed off about that level of support extended by
competition!

Steve Silverstein
www.racingalpines.org