Re: [Tigers] Tiger rear view mirrors

To: Tim Webster <crabco@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger rear view mirrors
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 12:02:58 -0800
Tim,

My later 1965 Mk I (9472289) has a small curved glass mirror with a
rigid vinyl back cover, like the dash top. Depending on weather,
atmospheric contaminants, and just plain evaporation of the vinyl's
plasticizer, it could crack, become ugly, and the cover may be removed,
fall off, or the mirror/mount replaced.  Curved mirrors became illegal
in California (and the rest of the US, I believe) inside the car and on
the driver's side mirror.

I, personally like the curved mirrors both inside and out, for improved
visibility. (CAUTION: Some Objects MAY .....).  You can quickly get
adjusted to distance distortions in trade for greater angle of view
(needed, especially with hard or soft top up.)

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com