Re: [Tigers] Throttle Body Under AC Filter Cover FYI

To: fsimer@gac.edu
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Throttle Body Under AC Filter Cover FYI
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:56:34 -0700
Frank,
I started down this route with a used old-school analog Pro-Jection (the
two-barrel style). I built a 1/2" tall adapter plate to go from the
spreadbore pattern to the square bore pattern, and a couple of adapters
to go from the fuel fittings used on the throttle body to -6AN. I got
the correct fuel pump to go with this as well as an oxygen sensor and
the closed-loop kit.
This is all back in '02 or so... then I got busy with a lot of other
stuff and the Pro-Jection sat. When I had the transmission and engine
out of the Tiger I ran new fuel line and a return line in the tunnel,
but that's about all I did so far as fuel injection related stuff is
concerned.

Then when the Retrotek BossEFI was announced last summer (and I was
still slowly working towards getting the Tiger back together) I decided
that I'd rather go that route. I currently have the throttle body
sitting on the F4B manifold, I'm using the fuel line I'd routed earlier
as the return line, the fuel line is going to be re-done, and I'm busy
mounting filters and the fuel pump in the spare tire well.

So I'm going to be left with a used, but never used by me, analog
two-barrel Pro-Jection, along with its controller and closed-loop
controller, water temp sensor, and wiring harness; and brand-new fuel
pump and O2 sensor to suit this system, as well as a handmade low-rise
adapter (basically a new bottom plate) for the throttle body. If you
want/need any part of this let me know.

Cheers,
Theo