Re: [Tigers] fog lights/driving lights

To: tigers@autox.team.net, "Peter Laurinaitis" <laurin212@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] fog lights/driving lights
From: Tod Brown <todbrown@roadrunner.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:00:06 -0500
Hi Peter:

I don't remember any options from the factory to mount extra switches in
the dash.  When I bought my Tiger new, I put fog lights on it and used
an extra switch that I had mounted in an auxiliary panel above the
gearbox hump.  You can always drill a hole in the dash, which was often
done, but keep in mind that the dash is pretty thick and you will have
to clean out space behind the dash to mount the switch in all
likelihood.  When I bought my car, there was a new regulation in my
state that cars had to have four-way flashers, so the dealer had drilled
a big hole in the dash and mounted one of those 60's style pull-out
switches with a flasher built in.  I have since filled the hole with a
12v outlet to run my shoe phone and radar detector off.  The hole that
was originally intended for the cigar lighter is filled with a small
lamp that can be used for reading that I got from JC Whitney long ago. I
even found a push-button switch to replace the original windshield
washer pump when I electrified my washers.  I also drilled a small hole
to mount a dash light for the four-way flashers and I now have a small
switch panel mounted below my radio that holds a bunch of switches for
my fogs, the four-way flashers, back-up lights and headlight flasher, so
there are many solutions but nothing very standard.  I wrote an article
for Tigers United some time ago about putting a radio in the Tiger and
it has a picture of my dash.
<http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/tb-radio/BrownRadio.asp>  if you
want to see some of the results.  The most important thing, when
mounting auxiliary lights, is to use a relay wired to the battery so as
to not overtax the wiring in your Tiger.

Cheers,

Tod
B382002384LRXFE