Re: [Tigers] - Model Year

To: "'Ross'" <ross_hulse@sbcglobal.net>, "'Steve Laifman'"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] - Model Year
From: "Jim" <jim@island.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 13:13:09 -0800
When I bought my '66 Tiger from Texas a few years ago, the title showed
66382**** instead of B382**** ... apparently a common practice of dealers in
the 60's to 'drop' the letters and sub in the year... seems a little strange
to me...but...
I had to bring the car across into Canada and I knew that if the title
didn't match the VIN on the car there would be bid trouble ... Not a small
task, but I managed to get the Texas DMV to 'change' the Title to match the
VIN...! They had to physically inspect the car... lot of hassle but they
eventually re-issued the new title stating 'clerical' error or something for
the discrepancy...!! Of course all this had to be done from 3000 miles away
and I hadn't even seen the car yet... only pics!
Got it TAC'ed last Summer, tho... ;)

Jim
B382000446