Re: [Tigers] Killer Chrome Spray Kit (3-Cans)

To: <tigerlat70@comcast.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Killer Chrome Spray Kit (3-Cans)
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 08:52:06 -0700
I've finished a number of engine compartment items with "chrome" paint.
What I found is that it has so much 'flake' content that it rubs off on
your fingers even when dry, and then the paint is smudged. So I
clearcoat it, and that turns it into a very metallic silver color (no
longer 'mirror' in any sense), where the texture depends on how much and
how quickly you apply the clearcoat. The only problem is if you bungle
the application of the clearcoat then you may have to start back from
scratch in order to get an even look, similar to how it goes with the
various hammertone paints.

Theo