[Tigers] Exhaust manifold

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Exhaust manifold
From: "William Lau" <mrlau@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 16:22:05 -0600
I always say that any money saved in production spells exactly that much
profit.  Just imagine how much it would have saved if someone found a way to
use a part already made or just change one slightly.  It is a lot cheaper to
send someone to look real hard; however they didn't look real hard at
Chrysler when they bought the Tiger to put their Mopar engine in it.  Maybe
they measured one on an engine stand and there was no distributor in it. --
Bill --

  Back when George Boskoff spoke at Mammoth he stated that he 'kept sending
some kid to Ford to get different exhaust manifolds, - until he found what
worked.'  That doesn't preclude that Rootes didn't have Ford make a "better"

manifold specifically for the Tiger.  However, from Boskoff's comment I was
left to believe that there was some manifold in the Ford parts bin (auto,
industrial???) that did work. I'm also left to wonder why the manifold runs
so close to the motor mount IF it is purpose designed for the Tiger? If it
is true to the original it would be interesting to see what is on the Shelby

proto-type.
Tom