[Tigers] Edlebrock Intake Question

To: TIGERS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: [Tigers] Edlebrock Intake Question
From: Steve Sage <fastsage@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 13:30:10 -0700
I am finally going to go ahead and switch out my original LAT option
Tiger script intake manifold for an Edlebrock Performer intake. I've
been told repeatedly that I will notice a real difference when I put the
pedal to the metal. My next trick is to decide on the standard
Performer, or the Performer Air Gap. Has anyone installed the Performer
Air Gap on their Tiger? They appear to be the same height, which would
be critical to make sure I can still close the hood with my stock air
cleaner/Holly carb. Finally, is anyone aware of any independent tests
that show a horsepower and or torque increase with the Air Gap over the
standard Performer?

Thanks as usual!

Steve Sage
1966 MK1A (with a hi-po 289)